How many of us can imagine a dish without turmeric powder? In India Turmeric powder without a doubt forms a very important ingredient of our cuisine but how many of you have actually thought of other benefits it offers that relate to our health, skin and hair etc.?
In short, Turmeric powder is also known for carrying various antioxidants as well as antibacterial properties that is hugely beneficial for our hair, skin and health.
Let’s Check out ten amazing benefits of Turmeric Powder:
- Treatment of Wrinkles: As I already mentioned that turmeric powder has antioxidant properties so it’s one of the best home remedies to prevent wrinkles ensuring slow the process of aging.
- Helpful in the treatment of Acne: For preventing acne make a face pack of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder along with lemon juice. If you want to lighten acne marks, then you can apply mixture of water with turmeric power on your face for 15-20 mins then rinse.
- Lightens stretch marks: For lightening stretch marks apply a paste of turmeric powder with gram flour(besan) with water/curd/milk on stretch marks.
- Used for the controlling dandruff and hair loss: it’s a proven fact that turmeric powder soothes itching and helps in controlling dandruff and hair loss.
- Used for facial hair control: Turmeric powder also helps in controlling the growth of facial hair.
- Heals cracked heels: Mix turmeric powder(Haldi powder) with castor/ coconut oil and apply on cracked heels or excessive dry skin area of heels. This will surely help in healing of cracked heels.
- Used in soothing of burns: Turmeric powder due to its antiseptic properties helps immensely in the soothing of burns.
- It’s a natural hair dye: Yellow hue of turmeric powder makes it a natural dye. You can apply it by mixing it with other yellow colored herbs such as saffron or chamomile tea etc. Boil them together and after cooling apply the mixture on hair to get a stunning shade.
- Removes dead cells: Turmeric powder also helps in the removal of dead cells thus rejuvenates your skin.
- Treatment of skin conditions: Turmeric powder has antiseptic properties so it’s quite effective in the treatment of skin conditions such as Eczema, poison ivy etc.
All these treatments and uses of Turmeric powder shows results if used consistently over a period of time.
Turmeric powder is available at every Kirana store nearby your home or turmeric powder online purchasing options are also available now days. Not only this, Turmeric Powder price is quite affordable and doesn’t put any burden on your pocket so why not use such a wonderful boon of nature in our daily life?
Image Credits: Urbanwired, getcityinfo
- 4 Amazing Herbal Face Packs for Glowing Skin
- Sonakshi Sinha in Massimo Dutti
- Raveena Tandon in Payal Khandwala
- Kajol Wears Anamika khanna
- Quick Beauty Hacks to Try Right Now!
- Malaika Arora Khan in Anamika Khanna at IIFM
- Sharddha Kapoor in Saakha and Kinni
- Sharddha Kapoor in Aisha Rao
- Shilpa Shetty Glows in this Yellow Sari
6 People reacted on this
Oh this reminds me that I should eat more tumeric again 🙂
have a great day,
Yes, Turmeric is a wonder herb! Have an amazing week ahead!
I love putting Turmeric powder in a lot of my dishes but I never even realized the other ways you can use it! Can you just use Turmeric powder that you find at grocery stores, the one used for food? Is it the same? or is there a more pure version or correct version that I can use on my face and skin and etc? By the way, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment!
Life is a Shoe
Yes dear! Its the same. It has multiple uses. And I am really glad that you liked this article. This matters a lot to me. 🙂
I love turmeric powder in face masks! I works so well.